Back to School Savings
SAVE TIME – SHOP ONLINE
SAVE MONEY – PRINT COUPONS
Okay, it sounds easy. But where do you start?
1. Make a list.
– What do you need?
– What is your budget?
2. Map out the stops.
– What stores will you go to?
– Will you need to do any online shopping?
3. Target the SALES.
– What store is having sales?
– And when/where/what will you need?
You’ve got your list?
Here’s some tips to get you going…
YOU NEED: SCHOOL SUPPLIES
Option #1 WAL-MART
(or similar retail giant superstore)
– Huge selection – special “Back to school” aisle and bins throughout store
– Competitive prices
– Large quantities
– Moderate quality – you get what you pay for
– Good deals go quick
– Overshopped – everyone shops here, everyone ends up with same supplies, and displays often messy with items misplaced.
How many times have you ended up paying $5 for something that “was marked” a dollar? Store is NOT responsible for this.
Option #2 Staples
(Office Supply Retailer)
– Supply specialty store, lots of variety in terms of supplies
– Less traffic, less likely to get same bookbag as everyone else
– MORE SPECIALIZED SUPPLY SAVINGS
– Staples printable coupons available weekly in store flyer
– Quality products – get the most for your money
– Higher prices
– Limited to supplies only
– Not as many stores – many will have to shop online
Both stores offer the same type of merchandise, but where you shop is up to you… make your own list of pros/cons and go with the store that will benefit you in terms of your specific needs.
Shop with a plan
– This will ensure a stress free shopping trip, which will guarentee you get what you needed within your set budget and you won’t be running around last minute.
– If you end up shopping last minute or shopping while you are stressed you will probably end up spending more money… so stick to the plan and you will come out on top.
Now… time to tackle those new school clothes…